Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Letter to “Your Views”

I trust most lawmakers. Unfortunately a few break the law. The caucus scandal is especially bad because it was so wide spread and lasted so long before justice was done.

What puzzles and disturbs me however is that I am not aware of any action what so ever that has yet been taken to prosecute the lobbyists and corporations involved. As a citizen I would like to know whether there is any law that punishes the lobbyists and the corporations they represent in a situation like we have here? If there is no such law, there certainly should be. If there is, I want to know what is going on here.

I have been following this story for over three years and have yet to see this newspaper’s editors raise this issue. Should there not be the same standard for both the legislators and the lobbyists and organizations involved? You bet there should!