Thursday, September 27, 2007

I Had a Dream Last Night

- I dreamed of a day when the average citizen will be able to have equal time with her legislator, and corporate executives and lobbyists will have to wait their turn.

- I dreamed that it’s now common practice for all state and national political campaigns to be fully funded out of our state and federal budget.

- I dreamed that someday soon, talk of the “public interest” will no longer be empty rhetoric or a joke at our State Capitol.

- I dreamed of the day when candidates will spend all their time debating the issues in stead of raising corporate and special interest dollars in order to hold on to their seat.

- I dreamed of a day when my grand children will grow up and be able to run for public office without placing their family’s lively hood in jeopardy.

- I dreamed of a day when the people of Wisconsin will take back their democratic institutions from corporate and special interests.

- I dreamed of a day when once again a public safety net will be placed snugly around each of our children regardless of their parents’ economic status.

- I dreamed that America will begin to value people for more than what they can earn or achieve but also for who they are.

- I dreamed that America will begin to develop universal values that transcend our own personal, state and national interests and begin to consider the interests of all of life.

No comments: