Friday, September 21, 2007

Let’s Act Now for Lyndee

I read with interest and much pride about Wisconsin’s latest whistleblower – Lyndee (Wall) Woodliff. For many weeks now since the first two Caucus prosecutions I have been trying to think of a way to bring about public campaign financing reform before
the series of prosecutions end - before the people of Wisconsin forget and, business as usual, returns to our Capital.

I propose that we put a face on this fight for public campaign finance reform. Who better that our courageous whistleblower, Lyndee (Wall) Woodliff. Let the banners read, “Let’s do it for Lyndee.” Let's do what Lyndee Woodliff did. She cared enough for the people’s democracy that she gave up a secure job so that you and I could be represented fairly and justly. (See the Journal’s Monday story, “Whither the whistleblower?”) The very least you and I can do as citizens is to call your legislators now, and tell them, that you too, like Lyndee Wall, have had enough!